Welcome to my BlogSpot. I have created this blog in hopes of inspiring everyone to cook. I have found my inspiration from living in both Southern and Northern California. My influences in flavors have come from family recipes and meals with emphasis on healthy foods, marrying into an Italian family and the ethnic flavors throughout California. There are so many wonderful memories connected to our family dishes as well as new memories in the dishes that have been recently created. My husband, Randy who is recently retired, has been my biggest supporter and inspiration in our kitchen. He is my taster, my sous chef, and has created some really great dishes himself, which will be added to this blog. It is my hope that you too will be inspired to cook and create your own dishes for your loved ones and enjoy the craft of cooking.

One thing I ask of you is if you print out, email and pass out my recipes, please include my name and link.

Be sure to check out my Sweaty Equities blog about the ups and downs of crafty projects and our DIY remodels.
You can find it at http://sweatyequities.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza


This is a great recipe when you have left over chicken from the night before. I usually cook my chicken in bulk on the barbeque and freeze the extra.
A foolproof way to always have moist and tender chicken breasts is to marinade the breasts in 1 part beer and 1 part teriyaki sauce for 24 hours, then barbeque.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
This recipe will make one large thick crust pizza or if you prefer, 2 thin crust pizzas.

Dough

3 cups unbleached flour
1 ½ teaspoon salt
Combine these dry ingredients
1-Cup warm water
2 ½ teaspoons dried yeast
1-T sugar
Combine the water yeast and sugar in a glass bowl until frothy.
1 egg
1-T olive oil
Mix liquid ingredients and combine with dry ingredients and knead until soft ball forms.  I use my mixer with a dough hook.  Knead on the mixer until all the ingredients combine and form a ball. Knead for 2 more minutes. Coat the bowl that the dough will rise in with olive oil. Cover and let rise in warm dry place for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Meanwhile get your toppings ready

First pizza layer

8 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 Large Jalapeno pepper finally chopped (minus membrane and seeds)
¼ Cup olive oil
Combine these ingredients and microwave on high 1 ½ minutes

Second pizza layer

3 Barbequed chicken breasts, thinly sliced
½ Cup BBQ Sauce
1 Cup pineapple, diced
1 Can Olives-sliced
Handful of Basil, sliced
Combine these ingredients

Last layer

¾ Cup provolone cheese, shredded
½--Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

After dough rises and doubles in size, punch it down and form dough in the shape of your pizza pan.  Baste with first layer all the way to the edges of dough.  Add second layer, then third layer.  Bake at 375 for about 20-30 minutes or if you’re feeling really brave…place on hot pizza stone in your BBQ at 375 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.

*This pizza is excellent when baked in the smoker as well. -Another great reason to own a smoker.

No comments:

Post a Comment