Welcome to my BlogSpot. I have created this blog in hopes of inspiring everyone to cook. I have found my inspiration from living in both Southern and Northern California. My influences in flavors have come from family recipes and meals with emphasis on healthy foods, marrying into an Italian family and the ethnic flavors throughout California. There are so many wonderful memories connected to our family dishes as well as new memories in the dishes that have been recently created. My husband, Randy who is recently retired, has been my biggest supporter and inspiration in our kitchen. He is my taster, my sous chef, and has created some really great dishes himself, which will be added to this blog. It is my hope that you too will be inspired to cook and create your own dishes for your loved ones and enjoy the craft of cooking.

One thing I ask of you is if you print out, email and pass out my recipes, please include my name and link.

Be sure to check out my Sweaty Equities blog about the ups and downs of crafty projects and our DIY remodels.
You can find it at http://sweatyequities.blogspot.com/

Friday, April 20, 2012

Susie's White Spice Rub


Susie's White Spice Rub
Spices For Rice, Poultry, Fish, Soups and Salad Dressing
*CF –Means “Capful”. I use this spice rub a lot so I buy my spices in bulk at Smart and Final and I use the caps of the spices to measure out my spices for this recipe. I then pour the spice rub into one of the empty spice jars. That way I don't have to keep re-making the spice rub with every recipe.
2-CF Celery Seeds
2-CF Granulated Onions
2-CF Granulated Garlic
1-1/2-CF Salt
¼ CF Black Pepper
¼ CF Crushed Red Chilies
¼ CF Fennel seeds
¼ CF dried Basil
2 pinches Dill Weed
Mix well and carefully spoon into a shaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment