Welcome to my BlogSpot. I have created this blog in hopes of inspiring everyone to cook. I have found my inspiration from living in both Southern and Northern California. My influences in flavors have come from family recipes and meals with emphasis on healthy foods, marrying into an Italian family and the ethnic flavors throughout California. There are so many wonderful memories connected to our family dishes as well as new memories in the dishes that have been recently created. My husband, Randy who is recently retired, has been my biggest supporter and inspiration in our kitchen. He is my taster, my sous chef, and has created some really great dishes himself, which will be added to this blog. It is my hope that you too will be inspired to cook and create your own dishes for your loved ones and enjoy the craft of cooking.

One thing I ask of you is if you print out, email and pass out my recipes, please include my name and link.

Be sure to check out my Sweaty Equities blog about the ups and downs of crafty projects and our DIY remodels.
You can find it at http://sweatyequities.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Party Platter Buffalo Wings


These wings are a huge hit when we attend parties. We usually bring home an empty platter. It is super easy to make if you give yourself enough cooking time.
 

Party Platter Buffalo Wings

  • 1 Very large package of chicken wings and drumettes (thawed) from one of those big box stores
  • Recipe for Susie’s Red Spice Rub, plus ½ tablespoon more of Cayenne Pepper
  • 1 Bottle of Barbeque Sauce
  • 2 tablespoons of Chinese chili/garlic hot sauce
  • Ranch dressing
Liberally sprinkle all wings with the my Spice rub. -See below  You’ll need lots of pans to bake the chicken in.  Bake at 300 degrees for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.  Turn down the oven to 250 and continue to bake until the skin is crispy and the fat has melted off.  Gently toss the wings with 1 bottle of the barbeque sauce mixed together with the Chinese chili/garlic sauce.  Serve with Ranch dressing in the center of the platter 
These ribs are excellent when cooked in the smoker instead of the oven.
Susie’s Red Spice Rub
¼ Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Tablespoon Cumin
2 tablespoons Paprika
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
1 Tablespoon Granulated Onions
1 Tablespoon Coriander
1 Tablespoon Salt
½ Tablespoon Pepper

-Susie Tronti

No comments:

Post a Comment