Welcome to my BlogSpot. I have created this blog in hopes of inspiring everyone to cook. I have found my inspiration from living in both Southern and Northern California. My influences in flavors have come from family recipes and meals with emphasis on healthy foods, marrying into an Italian family and the ethnic flavors throughout California. There are so many wonderful memories connected to our family dishes as well as new memories in the dishes that have been recently created. My husband, Randy who is recently retired, has been my biggest supporter and inspiration in our kitchen. He is my taster, my sous chef, and has created some really great dishes himself, which will be added to this blog. It is my hope that you too will be inspired to cook and create your own dishes for your loved ones and enjoy the craft of cooking.

One thing I ask of you is if you print out, email and pass out my recipes, please include my name and link.

Be sure to check out my Sweaty Equities blog about the ups and downs of crafty projects and our DIY remodels.
You can find it at http://sweatyequities.blogspot.com/

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Stuffed Baked Potatoes


6 Potatoes, scrubbed clean and baked
½ Cup Mascarpone Cheese
½ Cup Crème Fresh
¼ Cup Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
½ Cup Chives, chopped and divided into 3 Tablespoons + 1 Tablespoon
1 Cup Cheddar
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
6 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
½ Pound Bacon, Cooked and chopped
Cut the potatoes lengthwise in half and scoop out most of the potatoes. Leaving some still in the potato to give the potato stability. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine the potato, mascarpone, crème fresh, butter, 3 Tablespoons of chives and cheddar. With an ice cream scoop, scoop out about 1-1/2 scoops per potato back into the potato and spread evenly.
In a separate dish, combine the parmesan cheese, chives and garlic and mix together. Evenly sprinkle the mixture onto each potato. Evenly sprinkle the bacon onto each potato.
Bake at 300 for 20 minutes to heat the potato through, and then switch to broil for about 5 minutes to brown. Watch that the tops don’t burn.

This recipe serves 12 because I like to entertain a lot, but you could easily cut the recipe in half if you don’t plan to serve as many.
-Susie Tronti

No comments:

Post a Comment