Welcome to my BlogSpot. I have created this blog in hopes of inspiring everyone to cook. I have found my inspiration from living in both Southern and Northern California. My influences in flavors have come from family recipes and meals with emphasis on healthy foods, marrying into an Italian family and the ethnic flavors throughout California. There are so many wonderful memories connected to our family dishes as well as new memories in the dishes that have been recently created. My husband, Randy who is recently retired, has been my biggest supporter and inspiration in our kitchen. He is my taster, my sous chef, and has created some really great dishes himself, which will be added to this blog. It is my hope that you too will be inspired to cook and create your own dishes for your loved ones and enjoy the craft of cooking.

One thing I ask of you is if you print out, email and pass out my recipes, please include my name and link.

Be sure to check out my Sweaty Equities blog about the ups and downs of crafty projects and our DIY remodels.
You can find it at http://sweatyequities.blogspot.com/

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Panko Crusted Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast Buffalo Wings

This is not one of those recipes to make often because it is loaded with fat.

Our son-in-law, Travis was having his 23rd Birthday and his favorite foods are appetizers, especially Buffalo wings made with chicken breasts. Randy and I made these for him and I think they turned out better than the ones from the restaurant he likes.

Panko Crusted Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast Buffalo Wings
6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Package Panko Bread Crumbs
½ Cup Susie’s Red Spice Rub
1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups Flour + 2 teaspoons Salt and 1 teaspoon Pepper
4 Eggs + 3 Tablespoons water and whisk together very well
3 Cups Canola Oil
Marinade the chicken breasts overnight in your favorite marinade. This is what makes the breasts tender and juicy. I used a Carne Asada marinade.
With a sharp knife, carefully slice the breasts at an angel to get thin, even strips.
Add the panko crumbs, spice rub, cayenne and salt in a food processor and blend until the panko crumbs are smaller and everything is blended and pour in a pie pan.
Set up your breading station first with flour in a pie pan, then the bowl of whisked eggs, then the panko crumbs in another pie pan.
Heat the oil to medium/slightly high in a large pan and start breading your chicken, first by dipping in the flour mixture then shaking off the excess, then the egg mixture, then the panko mixture. Carefully place in the preheated oil. It should sizzle and bubble somewhat. Be careful not to cook it too fast or the chicken will not thoroughly cook through, nor too slow or the chicken with be soggy with the oil. Brown the chicken on each side and place on a rack lined with paper towels to drain off excess oil. If you have a meat thermometer, the middle of the chicken should read about 150 degrees to be fully cooked.
Serve with Ranch Dressing and Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment